A 6 stage intensive course taking you from the basics to being ready to DJ live with flexible dates to suit you
Cost: £500 (with option to pay in instalments) – includes a free 2 hour practice session at our club venue anytime after your course
*New for 2018: We now include Video DJing and Livestreaming*
Dedicated, unrushed one-to-one tuition for you with advice from our expert tutor all taught in a real nightclub environment (The Source, Maidstone).
If you are serious about learning to DJ at a high standard this course has been designed to give you all the grounding you need, with the support and time you need and provides excellent value for the learning time involved.
Choose 6 dates to complete the sessions, consisting of 6 x 3 hour sessions and a free 2 hour Practice Session, available daytimes, evenings or a mix of both to suit your schedule.
Becoming a great DJ involves learning some essential time-honoured skills; skills that our tutors have spent many years honing and perfecting. We can fast-track you to learning these and opening the door to exploring your own style, tricks and techniques.
An essential love of music and the desire to share it to rock a crowd is all you need to take our Masterclass. It’s never too early or too late to start on your DJing path.
Our course is dedicated to you and designed teach a well-rounded set of skills over a consistent set of stages.
Each course is tailored to suit your needs as you progress throughout your learning. Everything we can teach below can be adjusted to get you to where you want to be as a DJ.
What you will learn
Learn on our club standard Pioneer CDJ 2000 Nexus decks and Pioneer mixers plus your choice of our Laptop/DJ controllers running professional DJ software (Traktor, Serato DJ, Rekordbox, Virtual DJ and others) and, if desired, Vinyl/Turntable DJing.
All equipment and music (of various genres) is provided by us and students are welcome to bring any equipment they already own so we can help you master that too as part of your course.
The Course (which is flexible to suit you)
Session 1 (3 hours)
– Meet your tutor and discuss your needs, interests and current skill level
– Overview and introduction to all of the equipment
– Demonstration of mixing techniques from your tutor
– Hands-on time on the CDJ decks and mixer, practicing beatmatch mixing
– The importance of understanding track structure, beats/bars and phrasing
– Manual beatmatching vs Sync – when, why and how to use both
Session 2 (3 hours)
– Digital DJing: transfer your skills to laptop/controller decks (Traktor including Stems and Remix Decks, Serato DJ, Rekordbox etc)
– Explore the differences and benefits of both laptop/iPad and CDJ DJing
– Choosing the right tracks for your sets
– Essential use of EQing and fader technique – tutor demonstration and student practice
– Hands-on mixing time on the CDJ and controller decks
Session 3 (3 hours)
– Beyond Beatmatching: Advanced transition techniques – creative tricks and methods of getting from track to another (e.g. tracks with different tempos and genres)
– Exploring advanced features on the equipment
– Introduction, tutor demo and student practice using effects, hot cues and loops
– NEW: Video DJing
– Hands-on practice time
Session 4 (3 hours)
– Scratching: using CDJs / controllers and vinyl
– Vinyl turntable mixing, tricks & techniques
– What is and how to perform Harmonic Mixing
– Hands-on practice time
Session 5 (3 hours)
– Essential DJ software tools & how to manage your digital music library
– Your DJ career: Advice on buying equipment, refining ‘your sound’ and style, what you want to get from DJing, recording and editing demo mixes, promoting yourself as a DJ, getting gigs, performing to and working with different audiences at different venues and events.
– Hands-on practice time
Session 6 (3 hours)
– Choose tracks to perform and record a live mix, using all the skills learnt, with constructive critique from your tutor
– Additional time to sharpen all the skills learnt so far
– Course summary
– Presentation of Completion Certificate
Bonus Session – a free 2 hour practice session available to book anytime after your course
Throughout the course you will have plenty of opportunities to ask any questions, review and recap any of the skills you have learnt. A digital copy of your graduation DJ mix recording will be emailed or given to you on your final session.
Your Masterclass Course includes ongoing support from our team after your course; advice from tutors as you progress with your DJing as and when you need it.
Masterclass Students can access special discounts on Studio Time at our Academy to practice or record demo mixes in the future.
Book below and a member of our team will be in touch to help you select 6 dates and times for your sessions.
You can also check currently available dates and times on our Private Tuition booking calendar HERE
Option 1 – Pay a £200 deposit now, then 6 x £50 instalments payable during your course
Option 2 – Make a complete payment of £500
Choose your payment option from the drop down list below, complete your details and the ‘Buy Now’ button will take you to the PayPal website for secure safe payment which will also email you a receipt.
If you don’t have or prefer not to use your PayPal account, please select the ‘Pay with debit or credit card’ or ‘Check Out as a Guest’ option to pay via a debit or credit card.
The Masterclass Course is also available to buy as a Gift Voucher